Search our website
Recent PublicationsBaseline Survey For Royal Society For Senior Citizens
Poverty Alleviation and Empowerment of Rural Women in Bhutan
The Poverty Alleviation and Empowerment of Rural Women aims to achieve the following targets:
1. Minimum of 200 women of ages between 25 and 60 from Samtse (Dorokha Geog) and Zhemgang (Bardoh and Goshing geogs) districts trained in income generation activities for the production of ceramics, vermiculture, medicinal plants and artisan crafts.
2. Gender Study conducted;
3. At least 80% or 192 women from the total of 240 households in target communities benefitted from improved agricultural practices and new crops.
4. Six tailoring units (3 in Samtse and 3 in Zhemgang) established.
5. Six self-help groups (3 in Samtse and 3 in Zhemgang) formed and 10 individuals supported with micro credit.
6. 6 day care centres fully functional.
7. Atleast 2 enterprises formed.Project details
|Back to top|