UN Support to formulation of necessary policy frameworks, and Development of MSMEs and Employment Generation and pro-poor growth
With the implementation of the AWP:
Policy Framework to develop industrial estate in consultation with all stakeholders will be formulated;
- Access to international market enhanced by conducting DTIS and regional market study;
- Interest of consumer rights promoted and thereby unfair trade practices reduced;
- Community income and employment generation programs supported in targeted areas and
- Culture Industry - craft sector developed.
The planned activities are:
- Policy Framework to develop industrial estates formulated;
- Validation workshop on Mainstreaming gender in trade policy conducted;
- Made in Bhutan brand developed;
- Access to international markets enhanced;
- Diagnostic Trade Integration Study (DTIS) conducted;
- Consumer Protection and fair trading promoted;
- Community income and employment generated in rural areas;
- Culture Industry - Crafts Sector developed.
||1: By 2012, opportunities for generation of income and employment increased in targeted poor areas. |
||1.3.1 Capacity of RGoB enhanced to formulate industrial and trade policies that are pro-poor, gender sensitive and cultural and heritage based.
1.3.2 Capacity of public and private sector enhanced to meet international standards for exports.
1.3.3a. Access to international markets enhanced through improved negotiation capacity and understanding of global and regional trade agreement and facilities.
b. Capacity of relevant government agencies to prepare and enforce a Consumer Protection Act and Fair Trading and Competition law developed.
1.4.1 Community based MSMEs and cooperatives, particularly those of women and youth, supported through improved access to micro finance, business development services, marketing, group formation and post harvest services.
||1.3 Capacity of RGOB strengthened to formulate policy framework for Private Sector Develolpment iwth focus on employment generation and pro-poor growth through the promotion of Micro and SMES (MSMEs).
1.4 New MSMEs and jobs created with emphasis on women and youth. |
||January 2011 - June 2012|
|Link to Workplan
|| Click on the icon to download|
Dasho Sonam Tshering
Ministry of Economic Affairs,
Mr. Tshelthum Dorji
Dept. of Industries,
UNDP Focal Point
Mr. Jigme Dorji
Programme Analyst, Tel.No.: +975-2-322424/163/ 17613780
Poverty and MDG Unit,